- DIGITAL BANKING
|Suggested Minimum Opening Deposit||$50.00||$50.00||$50.00||$50.00||$0.00|
|Ways to Avoid Monthly Fee||N/A||N/A||N/A||Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance||N/A|
|Monthly Fee||None||None||None||$8.00 Minimum Balance Fee||None|
|Pays Interest||No||Yes||Yes||Yes. Higher interest rate with a balance of $1,500 or more.||No|
|Statements||E-Statement or Paper||E-Statement or Paper||E-Statement or Paper||E-Statement or Paper||E-Statement Only|
|Overdrafts Allowed||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No (4)|
|Returned Item Fee||$0 (5)||$0 (5)||$0 (5)||$0 (5)||N/A|
||Pricing varies||Pricing varies||Free||Free||Pricing varies|
|Per Check Charges||No||No||No||No||No|
|Free Thank You Gift (2)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Simply Free Checking (1) is a free account for everyone! Simply Free Checking includes free online and mobile banking, mobile check deposit, Zelle, and more.
Direct Interest Checking (1) earns interest with the convenience of direct deposit or any automatic payment.
If you are over the age of 50 and looking for a simple, traditional checking account, Northfield offers our 50+ Interest Checking (1) with free online and mobile banking.
Premium Interest Checking (1) is an account for those looking for a higher interest rate.
Our Convenience Checking account is certified by Bank On National Account Standards. Bank On, led by national nonprofit organization the Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund, works to ensure that everyone has access to a safe, affordable transactional banking account. These standards designate accounts with low costs, high functionality, and consumer safety.
Convenience Checking eliminates the worry of overdraft fees by not paying checks or approving debit/ATM card transactions if sufficient funds are not in the account(4).
Access and control your account with direct deposit, a Visa debit card, online banking, mobile banking, and free electronic statements. Convenience without worrying about overdraft fees!
(1) Suggested minimum opening deposit is only $50. Ask us for details. Bank rules and regulations apply. Other fees such as non-sufficient funds, overdraft, sustained overdraft fees, etc. may apply. See fee schedule for details.
(2) Free gift may be reported on a 1099-INT or 1099-MISC. Free gift provided at the time of account opening and not available to accounts opened online.
(3) Up to $10 for checks and debit cards from another financial institution will be credited to the account at the time the checks/debit cards are presented.
(4) This account is not eligible for overdraft privileges. Any checks presented against insufficient funds in the account will be returned unpaid and an overdraft fee will not be charged. Debit or ATM card transactions will not be approved if there are insufficient funds in the account.
(5) Consumers will pay no fee if Northfield does not pay a check or electronic payment due to insufficient or uncollected funds in their account. If Northfield does, however, choose to pay such items an overdraft fee will be assessed. See fee schedule for details.