What's Your Number?
The ultimate question for almost everyone saving for retirement is “how much do I need to be saving?” Financial professionals recommend saving enough to replace 75-80% of your pre-retirement income. But is that benchmark right for you? Depending on your own unique circumstances or outlook, you may not need to save as much as that — or, you may need to save more.
When it comes to retirement planning, there are a number of savings vehicles to choose from as well as investment options to understand and consider. There are also lifestyle decisions to consider, such as where you’ll live, or whether or not you’ll continue to work at some level during part or all of your retirement. It’s a lot to think about, especially if you don’t know where or how to start.
Northfield Investment Service Representatives can give you hands-on guidance and advice to help you determine your retirement goals and how you can work toward achieving them. Here’s how we can help:
- Help you determine a retirement saving goal.
- Help you factor in variables such as inflation, future health care expenses, life expectancy and projected investment return.
- Develop an investment strategy to meet your long-term needs.
- Discuss professionally managed IRA investment solutions.
- Help you balance your retirement savings goal with other financial goals
- Meet with you on a regular basis to track progress and make adjustments as necessary
You’ve worked hard to accumulate your wealth for retirement. Let us help you build a plan to optimize your financial future. Call or stop by any Northfield Bank branch to schedule a no-obligation retirement consultation today.
Northfield Investment Services does not provide tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor for guidance on your particular situation.
Check the background of investment professionals associated with this site on FINRA's BrokerCheck.